End Of Lease Pest Control Sydney.
Who is responsible for an end of lease pest treatment? You or the landlord?
Your rental agreement is a great place to start when determining if an end of lease pest treatment is required. It will be documented in your rental agreement that you signed with your real estate agent the conditions of pest control once a tenant vacates.
RTA or more commonly known as Residential Tenancy Act 2010 states that the landlord is to provide pest control at the start of a tenancy if pests is present at the premises and the tenant is to maintain a pest free premises once the landlord has provided pest control. Once a tenant moves out, they will be liable to conduct pest control on their premises ready for the next tenant to move in.
Most common pests when treating an end of lease pest treatment are the following:
What you can do in order to get ready for your end of lease pest treatment Sydney.
- The final clean has been carried out
- Grass cut short to get the best results externally
- If furniture is still in premises, there needs to be no clutter
Below is a table with who is responsible for pest in the period of your tenancy for end of lease pest treatments here in Sydney.
|Pest & Vermin||Landlord will be responsible||Tenant will be responsible|
|Ants||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Bees||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Cockroaches||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Fleas||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Mice||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Possums||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Rats||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Spiders||If present when commencing the tenancy||During the tenancy period|
|Termites||Landlord always||Landlord always|
|Birds||Landlord always||Landlord always|
Preventive Commercial Pest Control Stored Product Pests
Commercial food storage businesses need to make sure that their stored products are in a suitable environment so that stored product pests do not have an ideal breeding ground.
Stored product pests can cause extensive damage and product loss by contaminating stored food products by scurrying along the products, urine and faecal matter.
Stored product pests are put into two categories, primary and secondary feeders and can reproduce in large numbers to cause an infestation of stored product pests.
There are a variety of different types of pests that can infest stored products such as the following:
- Almond moths
- Broadhorned flour beetles
- Rice weevils
- Saw tooth grain beetles
- Tobacco moths
- Granary weevils
- Maize weevils
- Merchant grain beetles
- Warehouse beetles
- Mediterranean flour moth
- Indian meal moth
- Khapra beetles
- Lesser grain beetle
- Coffee been weevils
- Confused flour beetles
- Drug store beetles
- Biscuit beetles
- Bean weevils
- Book lice
- Flat grain beetles
- Cigarette beetles
- Australian spider beetle
Here at Redline Pest Control we go to great lengths to understand the biology and lifecycle of each pests, we investigate what their breeding conditions are like to their behaviour when infesting stored product pests. We go to great lengths to have knowledge on each and every pests. (even when a new species pops up we will make sure that we learn all about it)
Foods That Stored Product Pests Feed On
Stored product pests can easily infest any organic products, as well as dried and preserved foods, including the following:
- Preserved meats
Signs That You Have a Stored Food Pest Infestation
Some of the common signs of stored product pest infestations can include the following:
- Holes in packaging for your stored food
- Cocoons in packaging or on walls
- Dead or alive pests
- Moths flying around
- Larvae crawling around
- Spoiled food
How to Prevent Stored Food Pest Infestations
Below are some steps that will help you prevent an infestation of stored product pests and by carrying out the following can help reduce an infestation of stored food product pests.
- When stored food products come into your home or business it is crucial to inspect all packaging for webbing, moths and larvae
- Any stored food products that is contaminated throw them out straight away
- Temperature plays a big role in stored food product pests, if possible, try storing your stored food products at or below 16C to avoid an infestation of stored product pests
- Food hygiene is a must as it helps reduce the infestation of stored product pests
- All stored products should be kept off the ground and away from walls
- Cleaning regime must be implemented to avoid an infestation of stored product pests
- Install monitoring devices such as traps and lures which have pheromones that attract stored product pests
- Install light traps which zap the stored product pests
- When stored products come to your home or business pop them in the freezer for a few hours, this will kill and moths, eggs, larvae
- Check shelving units and storage bins for evidence of stored product pests
- Cracks and crevices in machinery can harbour stored food product pests
Factory pest control sydney
Whether your factory is small or large Redline Pest Control will customise a pest service which implements IPM (integrated pest management) that has been tailored to your pest requirements.
First step is calling us on (02) 9920 0790 or 0426 002 007 and making an appointment with one of our friendly customer service agents, once you have made an appointment and one of our Redline Pest Control Technician arrives he will have a chat about pest and if there is currently any pest infestations, he will get you to walk with him while he attends the premises. This way we get a better understand of your pest requirements and how to effetely eradicate pests.
Each of Redline Pest Control technicians will design a tailormade pest service that suits your business, your inventory stock and what sections need more attention as that section is a potential risk.
Pest do not discriminate when it comes to setting up camp at your factory, they are opportunist and will quickly invade any harbourage spots they can find.
So what types of pests usually occurs in factories?
Well each property is different and requires different pest treatments but some of the most common pests usually are the following:
Stored product pests
All species of cockroaches
Redline Pest Control is highly regarded in the pest control industry for our innovative ways on how we eradicate your pest infestations and keep them away from your place of business.
Don’t delay today, give one of our friendly customer liaison officer a call today to set up an appointment with a friendly technician to help get rid of your unwanted pests on 9920 0790 or 0426 002 007
Factory pest control sydney
Termites are one among the most significant threats for you, if you are a homeowner. They affect the overall integrity of your home. These cellulose loving critters burrow themselves into unnoticed structures like the walls, foundation, and flooring of your house. Dealing with termite infestation is a big frustration that most homeowners face. But with the help of the best pest control Hornsby, your problem will not last for long. While termite damage is a common problem, in most of the households you may not know well how much this pest can damage your house. Unfortunately, some people do not even consider spending time for termite inspection and prevention, until it’s too late. Every property is unique in its own kind to the homeowner, be it small or big it is yours. Take time and invest in termite inspection right away!
Here are some FAQ about Termites:
What are Termites?
Though we all know termites are small insects that depend on wood to live, there are two common types of termites which you should know. Swarmers and workers! Swarmers have a brown tinge whereas, the other is sheer ivory in colour. Workers are the most troublesome when they attack your property. This is because they can cause massive damage to the wooden structures in your house.
How to Determine Termite Infestation?
Identifying the presence of termites is the foremost step you should know to protect your house from extensive damages. Termites create tubes made of mud that look like pencil sized brown streaks against the baseboard, near foundation or plumbing area. These channels are used as the path for the termites to move from one nest to the other.
Some termites have wings which they lose upon mating. Also, once the termites find a location where they can thrive, they will shed their wings. You may discover discarded wings near doors and windows. If you spot any, around your house, it’s a strong sign that your house is infested with termites and it’s time to call Hornsby pest control for help.
How long does a Termite Live?
Termites live for as long as two years which is a long enough period to cause significant structural damage to a building. It is critical that you should contact Hornsby pest control for help with the first sign of a problem.
Why Termites invade Buildings?
Termites need cellulose and other nutrients found in wood for living. Also, they make their houses within the wooden structures. They also need water to digest the wood they feed on. So they are attracted to damp areas like soggy basements and cracks in the foundation. This is the reason why these uninvited guest visits your home.
How to Prevent these Invaders?
There are few preventive measures you as the house owner can take to minimise the chance of infestation.
Set your plants at least a foot away from your building to avoid moisture build-up near the house.
Conduct regular inspection with pest control Hornsby for signs of invasion so that these professionals will act quickly with termite treatment ensuring they are completely gone without posing any damage to your building structure.
Have you ever taken your favourite sweater only to find it has many small holes in it? Facing this unpleasant situation, people always blame on moths. But there is another pest that takes up your residence which is capable of doing much more damage than the moth. The culprit is nothing but the carpet beetle, and it’s a larva. Believe it or not, carpet beetles rank as same as the spiders, ants, and flies as one of the typical household invading pest. These are one of those pests that have to be concerned needing immediate professional pest control Castle Hill help. The name ‘carpet beetle’ will tell you about everything, you need to know about the pest.
What are Carpet Beetles?
Carpet beetles, as the name suggests, are small beetles found across Australia. They are found both inland and on the coast. They are carpet munching pest where adult beetles measure just 0.5cm. They are difficult to spot and much more difficult to get rid of!
Adult carpet beetles feed on plants nectar and pollen, but when they find their way into your house, they will start contaminating rice flour and other pantry items while feeding on them.
The larvae of carpet beetle feed on natural fabric, that they make holes through carpets, clothing, and blankets. A major problem with these carpet beetles is that their larva is attracted to the oil found in human body and hairs. They travel across person to person causing an irritating rash. This is why it is better advised to consult Castle Hill pest control to get rid of this problem before they give up too much trouble.
How to sort if there are Carpet Beetles in your House?
It is quite a tough job to identify their presence. Carpet beetles hide in shady and dark places at your home. Often they are confused with bed bugs. However, carpet beetles do not bite.
- The bristly hair on the body of the larvae can irritate your skin if you are allergic to them.
- And as discussed, carpet beetles eat through fabrics so you will be able to see damage in clothing, bed sheets, and carpets.
- Unlike moth, the carpet beetles typically feed on one part of the fabric at a time creating large and isolated holes in it.
- They also shed skin that is flaky, dry and translucent in the area they eat.
With this tips, you can identify carpet beetles found in your home and check with Castle Hill pest control.
How to Prevent Carpet Beetles from Becoming a Nuisance?
- The carpet beetles feed on nectars so, inspect outdoor plants and flowers before bringing them inside.
- Keep adults beetles out of your home by sealing any gaps in the windows and doors.
- Store clothing and fabrics away from reach in a pest-proof box. Big cardboard boxes should be avoided for long-term storage
- Clean your carpets, furniture, and curtains professionally on a regular basis.
If you ever find a small infestation or signs of infestation, call out professional pest control Castle Hill who will visit your house and help eradicate the pest. They will also provide proper follow-ups and visits to prevent problems from re-occurring.
Get Rid Of Drain Flies In Your Home!
Are you seeing small flies hovering around your drains or stagnated water? Good chances are these pesky insects are drain flies.
Drain flies are also known as moth flies, sewer gnats, moth flies and come from the family of Psychodidae.
Sometimes the drain fly can be confused as the fruit fly as they closely resemble each other.
Unfortunately drain flies breed at a rapid rate and their populations can grow quite quickly. For every female Drain flies she can lay up to 200 eggs per day, so an infestation of the Drain fly can get out of hand very quickly if there is a water source for it to survive in.
Identifying drain flies in your home!
What do drain flies look like and how you can identify them.
- Drain flies are 1.5″ to 1.10″ in length
- Drain flies body & wings are covered with very thin long hair that make it look moth like.
- Drain flies have a black to dark grey coloured body with lighter-coloured wings.
- Drain flies have long and curve antennae
- Drain flies are poor flyers and will usually only have short flights.
- Drain flies are easily identifde as it makes short hopping flights.
- Drain flies are generally found near the main water sources.
Where are drain flies typically found in your home?
Drain flies will often feed on decaying organic matter in stagnate water, moss and flower nectar.
Drain flies are very adaptable and will live and breed in various types of environments.
In homes you can find these flies in on as well as around:
- All drains in and around your home
- Basements, Garages and showers
- Walls adjacent to drains is also where you can find them and infrequent used toilets such as a spare toilet
- Unwashed and unclean garbage areas
- Sides of showers
Outdoors, around your home:
- In/around compost stations
- Damaged septic lines and tanks
- Garbage areas
- Stagnant water such as shallow polluted ponds, tree holes, rain barrels, pet bowels, pools
How to get rid of Fruit flies/ Drain Flies
- Inspect all areas of your kitchen and find the source which is attracting fruit flies.
- Remove all sources in a plastic bag, tie it up and dispose the bag in the council bin.
- All fresh produce place inside the fridge until the fruit flies have ceased.
- Frequently clean your bins and make sure that it is not damp.
- Place either bleach or draino down your sink and drains, cover with a plug, do this at the end of each night before bed for three nights as this will get rid of any fruit flies and their eggs in your sink or drain.
- You can make a homemade remedy by grabbing a jar, putting a cone shape funnel in it with a piece of fruit, honey or vinegar inside. The fruit flies can fly in but is unable to fly back out.
pre-purchase timber pest inspection Sydney
We all know that when you are buying a home it can be quite daunting, our minds keep racing, what if this home has termites or structural damage.
With all the excitement there can be confusion too. A lot of new home buyers are not aware of what needs to be done when buying a new home.
Did you know that as a prospective buyer that when you ask for the contract of sale from the real estate agent that you are considering buying your new home from they must inform you about any previous timber pest inspection reports that may have been commissioned by either the owner of the dwelling or by the real estate agent themselves. You may in fact be able to negotiate the price to favour your way with the pre-existing pre-purchase pest inspection report.
With a pre-purchase inspection there are two parts:
- Pre-Purchase Timber Pest Inspection (pest controller)
- Pre- Purchase Building Inspection (Builder)
Each pre-purchase timber inspection that is carried out by Redline Pest Control will be in accordance to Australian Standards – AS 4349.1 – pre-purchase inspections.
What is a pre-purchase timber pest inspection?
A pre-purchase timber pest inspection is an initial inspection when a prospective buyer is interested in a property they will source out a pest controller to conduct a pre-purchase timber pest inspection to ascertain whether their new home has been hit with active termites, borers, previous damage due to either one of those, mould, dampness, drainage, and the list goes on. You will receive a coloured multipage report which includes photos, recommendations on how to reduce the risk for termites, what is a risk to your potential new home.
When your Redline Pest Control inspector arrives he will be on the lookout for termites and borers.
Redline Pest Control pest inspector will inspect the following areas of the dwelling that you are considering buying:
- Roof voids
- All internal areas
- All external areas
- Water drainage
- Toxic materials
- Fence lines/garden beds
- Out buildings
- Retaining walls
- Driveways and pathways
What are the major reasons why you should invest in obtaining a pre-purchase timber pest inspection before you consider your finances into the property.
Just visiting the premises will not help you ascertain if there is no termite/structural damage in the premises you are going to purchase.
A full timber pest inspection needs to be carried-out, so you know of any issues that you may not see with the naked eye.
- Value assessment
Pre-purchase timber pest inspection will play an important role in the final assessment in the true value of the premises you are intending to purchase.
Pest/timber issues are not always resolved easily and can be quite costly.
If you think that the property seems a bit overpriced, you can negotiate a better price with the vendor based on the reports from your pest timber inspection report.
- Unseen flaws
Redline Pest Controls timber pest inspectors can help identify any unseen flaws of a premises before purchasing the premises as there is always something that may need rectifying.
A pre-purchase timber pest inspection can help locate any unseen flaws that the premises may have and bring them to the attention of the potential buyer to provide them with all of the information on that premises required to know the true depth of any pest/timber issues and how the timber/pest problems can be resolved in a quick and swift manner.
- Knowledge of the overall investment on the premises
A pre-purchase timber pest inspection can help you negotiate a better price with the vendor if there are pre-existent timber/pest issues.
Did you know that if there is any timber/pest issues and that you may need to invest in resolving these issues financially that you can negotiate the price of sale due to these flaws in the premises you are about to buy.
- Aid in Negotiations in purchasing your new premises
Pre-purchase pest/timber inspection reports help to gain knowledge of the true value of the premises you are about to buy. They can help aid you a better price negotiation with the vendor to help you acquire a better deal for your new premises.
- Buy with confidence
A pre-purchase timber pest inspection helps you ascertain whether you have made the right decision on purchasing your new premises.
“It Does Not Matter How Slowly You Go As Long As You Do Not Stop”
When it comes to the safety of your home, there are numerous things you should consider. Of those, Pest control is one of the major concerns to preserve your home from the annoying invaders. Your home is the place for you and your family to live safely, and surely it’s not a place for the bugs, and rodents to wander. Before they harm you, take necessary measures to destroy them. Here, the professionals from the pest control in Blacktown offers some key facts to know the importance of pest control and to protect your family from infections and diseases.
Birds are one of the lovely creatures and an exciting treat to eyes. People won’t think of birds as a pest, regardless of the fact that they bring lots of bacteria and disease-causing agents which are hazardous to the food safety and health. Professionals state that the pest birds and their nesting materials are one of the major reasons for the property damages. Pests not only damage your property but also cause severe health hazards like respiratory disorders, food poisoning, and bacterial infections. Professionals offer bird proofing in Blacktown to preserve your property and your health!
Why Is Pest Control Important?
One of the most imperative reasons why pest control is important is because of health. There is no price for the peace that comes from knowing that your family is safe. Some of the common pests found in houses are spiders, weevils, wasps, rodents, carpet beetles, borers, booklice, and fleas. When they bite you, it certainly causes infection which may even lead to perilous diseases. Thus, it’s sensible to opt for the professional pest control services to eradicate the pest and to ensure safety. Professional pest control involves specialised methods and practices to keep the pests away.
Pests Don’t Act Solo!
Pests come into your home through the tiny holes near the doors or windows. They always tend to arrive in a group, and they never prefer to act solo. So, when you happen to see one bug, then be sure that the rest of the members are also present close by. With the help of the professional pest control in castle hill, you can find the entire pests in your home and eradicate them completely. They also provide enough safety measures.
Get Professional’s Help!
Professional pest control services have trained experts who are well-equipped to handle dangerous chemicals. They use specialised techniques to eliminate the pests and their nests. They know how to find and kill them effectually. Ultimately, they ensure that your house is safe and hygiene. When planning to opt for professional pest control services, consider the pest control in Blacktown!
Pest control childcare industry!
IPM protecting our kids from pest and pesticides.
What does your childcare centre say about your reputation?
A childcare centre is required to sustain a pest-free environment for the children in it has in its care.
Unfortunately, common pest such as cockroaches, rodents and ants often find their way inside and can contaminate toys, utensils, and other items in and around your childcare.
Pest control in the childcare industry is very important and must be carried out according to the food standards code set out by the NSW Food Authority. The food standard code requires all businesses that provides food is to take all practicable measures to the following:
- Prevent all pest from entering the food premises
- Prevent and eradicate all pests and their harbourage spots in a food premise
- Sealing all entry points such as holes, gaps, cracks, and crevices
- Installation of flyscreens to prevent flying pests
- Installation of weather strips at base of each door
- Doors closed when not in use
- Have mini inspections on the childcare facility to prevent pests
- Removal of any unwanted fixture, furniture, boxes, and any other items that you don’t need
- Each day have a cleaning routine set in place such as removal of all rubbish, counter tops wiped over, floors swept and mopped
- Storing food in airtight containers and away from the floor
Where do pest like to hide in your childcare facility?
- Behind and under all electrical appliances
- Under sinks and basins
- Bathroom, kitchen, and laundry areas as it is humid and moist
- Food packaging, boxes and other storage containers that are not sealed
- Cracks and crevices
Risk that are associated with pests entering your childcare facility?
- Children can get very sick or die from contamination from urine/faeces and diseases that pests may carry
- Loss of income due to an outbreak of pests and contamination
- Loss of reputation due to an outbreak of pests and contamination
- Bad reviews on your business from parents who have seen pests or child has become sick from pest and their diseases
- Fines from local and state councils
- Your business could be shut down due to you not preventing and maintaining a pest-free environment
- You go on the name and shame website which the public has access too
Integrated Pest Management?
Here at Redline Pest Control we follow five basic rules to prevent and eradicate any pest in your childcare facility.
- Inspection – A technician from Redline Pest Control will go in and around your childcare facility and inspect all areas even those areas which have no issues with pests
- Identification – Redline Pest Control will identify any pest which are in or around your premises
- Threshold of pest – Redline Pest Control technicians will determine the threshold level of pests which are residing in your childcare facility
- Control measures – To control and manage all levels if infestations of pests which are in your childcare facility
- Evaluation – Redline Pest Control Technicians will evaluate the effectiveness of each service which is carried out and will eliminate any pests in your childcare facility
Further reading – pest control