Bed Bugs and what you can do!
- Grab a flash light and check along the mattress seams, cracks and crevices in and around the bed, skirting boards, behind dressers, paintings, windowsills and any other furniture.
- Vacuum all areas of the affected room including the mattress. Once finished empty the vacuum bag into a plastic bag and dispose of it in your outside bin. You need to vacuum several times over the next week or so.
- Do a good clean on your room and remove any clutter that bed bugs may hide in.
- Clean out your wardrobe, dresser and bedside tables as bed bugs love to hide in furniture too. With the clothes that you have removed from this furniture wash those in hot water with eucalyptus oil than put these clothes in a tumble dryer to dry. If you don’t have a tumble dryer you can put them on the clothes line. Once dry put in large plastic bags and put in a sunny spot or you can even freeze these items for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Steam clean all cracks and crevices around the affected room.
- If you can put your mattress outside in the sun for 2 – 4 hours. (it must be a 30 degree plus day for this to be effective)
- Wipe down all surfaces in the affected room with eucalyptus oil diluted with water.