Pest control childcare industry!
IPM protecting our kids from pest and pesticides.
What does your childcare centre say about your reputation?
A childcare centre is required to sustain a pest-free environment for the children in it has in its care.
Unfortunately, common pest such as cockroaches, rodents and ants often find their way inside and can contaminate toys, utensils, and other items in and around your childcare.
Pest control in the childcare industry is very important and must be carried out according to the food standards code set out by the NSW Food Authority. The food standard code requires all businesses that provides food is to take all practicable measures to the following:
- Prevent all pest from entering the food premises
- Prevent and eradicate all pests and their harbourage spots in a food premise
- Sealing all entry points such as holes, gaps, cracks, and crevices
- Installation of flyscreens to prevent flying pests
- Installation of weather strips at base of each door
- Doors closed when not in use
- Have mini inspections on the childcare facility to prevent pests
- Removal of any unwanted fixture, furniture, boxes, and any other items that you don’t need
- Each day have a cleaning routine set in place such as removal of all rubbish, counter tops wiped over, floors swept and mopped
- Storing food in airtight containers and away from the floor
Where do pest like to hide in your childcare facility?
- Behind and under all electrical appliances
- Under sinks and basins
- Bathroom, kitchen, and laundry areas as it is humid and moist
- Food packaging, boxes and other storage containers that are not sealed
- Cracks and crevices
Risk that are associated with pests entering your childcare facility?
- Children can get very sick or die from contamination from urine/faeces and diseases that pests may carry
- Loss of income due to an outbreak of pests and contamination
- Loss of reputation due to an outbreak of pests and contamination
- Bad reviews on your business from parents who have seen pests or child has become sick from pest and their diseases
- Fines from local and state councils
- Your business could be shut down due to you not preventing and maintaining a pest-free environment
- You go on the name and shame website which the public has access too
Integrated Pest Management?
Here at Redline Pest Control we follow five basic rules to prevent and eradicate any pest in your childcare facility.
- Inspection – A technician from Redline Pest Control will go in and around your childcare facility and inspect all areas even those areas which have no issues with pests
- Identification – Redline Pest Control will identify any pest which are in or around your premises
- Threshold of pest – Redline Pest Control technicians will determine the threshold level of pests which are residing in your childcare facility
- Control measures – To control and manage all levels if infestations of pests which are in your childcare facility
- Evaluation – Redline Pest Control Technicians will evaluate the effectiveness of each service which is carried out and will eliminate any pests in your childcare facility
Further reading – pest control